Working in Ireland

The automotive industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the Irish economy.
The Irish automotive industry has seen a 30% increase in car sales and as a result, there is a huge demand for qualified and experienced Motor Technicians for the years ahead.
What are the benefits of working in the Irish automotive sector?

document icon
Permanent contracts
Access all the benefits associated with a permanent Irish employment contract.
camera icon
Holiday entitlements
You will be included in a holiday pay scheme & have access to general leave entitlements.
wallet icon
Technician salaries range between €30,000-€40,000 with overtime potentially on offer.
clock icon
Technicians in Ireland typically work a 39 hour week so you can enjoy your free time.
Questions about working in Ireland

What are the requirements for working in Ireland?
If you are from an EU member state, you are entitled to come to work in Ireland. You do not need an employment permit. You are entitled to have your dependants come to live with you. If your non-EEA spouse or civil partner is coming to live in Ireland with you, they must apply for permission to remain under EU Treaty Rights in order to have similar rights to live and work in Ireland.
What else do I need to work in Ireland?
You should have a Personal Public Service (PPS) number. Your PPS number is a unique reference number which your employer uses to make the required tax and social insurance contributions on your behalf. You also use your PPS number when accessing social welfare and health benefits.
How do I apply for a PPS Number?
You apply through the Department of Social Protection. Not all social welfare offices issue PPS numbers so you should contact your local social welfare office go to 'Contact Us' on
What do I need in order to apply for a PPS number?
In order to receive a PPS number, you will need to fill out an application form and provide proof of your identity. You will need to produce the following documents:

  • Your passport or immigration card
  • Evidence of your address in Ireland, for example, household bill (ESB, telephone, gas) or a rental agreement in your name.
Where can I go for more information about working in Ireland?